PARIS 2e

"Infotainment? What the hell are you talking about?"


The First Lady Dress-up Doll

There is a crisis in the Middle East, trouble with terrorism and the economy is in the gutter, but the main question on everyone's mind these days is, what else: What will Michelle Obama wear for the presidential inauguration in January?

Here are the proposals from 3 Paris-based designers: (the first design is my personal favorite)


Christian Lacroix
Marc Jacobs
Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel

Labels: , , ,

15 Responses to “The First Lady Dress-up Doll”

  1. # Blogger міяоисете

    Hello. It's sad but it's true. We sometimes minds no-worth things. Anyway, what can we do? I kiss from Madrid. Nice blog.  

  2. # Blogger Brianna Gonzalez

    i love the second christian lacroix dress, although it'd probably be a tad bit too extreme.

    btw, i love your blog. its amazing. :)  

  3. # Blogger Cachinnation

    I think the last one (the white one) is acceptable...the third down seems a little devilish if you ask me.  

  4. # Blogger Dulce Alma

    LOL! Thats true but it cant be
    helped, sometimes when things are so bad, a little distraction helps with
    stress.

    All the designs are lovely but
    to be honest the last concept
    seems acceptable for her position.
    They are good day and evening
    pieces.  

  5. # Blogger Gloria Dowell

    There should probably be other things on the minds of the masses; but since you've brought it up, I like the first one.  

  6. # Blogger colleennicole

    This is the first time in my twenty-three years on this planet that Marc Jacobs has disappointed me. Sigh. I suppose I like Christian Lacroix, but in fact I preferred Isabel Toledo's designs.  

  7. # Blogger Cedric Benetti

    me too! It looks so faded and summery. As if there was no winter in Jacobsland  

  8. # Blogger mrs.missalaineus

    what exactly is an expat? i always think of the brits living in spain in hemmingway novels.

    cool blog, visit the alemanac anytime.

    my city was modeled to look like paris, unfortunately that's where the resemblance ends.

    miss alaineus  

  9. # Blogger Jeen

    Hey, I think the second and third one are good!  

  10. # Blogger wendysito

    I like the first Lacroix too...but really, she could show up in a burlap sack and look fabulous. And Lord knows we could use the distraction...

    Love the way you think...great blog. Will stick around if you don't mind..you got something to drink around here?.....  

  11. # Anonymous Anonymous

    If only! If only!  

  12. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Cedric - LOVE your blog. I just found it this morning and have read through most of the past posts. You have a phenomenol sense of personal style....don't change a thing.  

  13. # Blogger NanU

    Do designers all wear special funhouse glasses that make people look twice as tall an absurdly thin?  

  14. # Blogger Alan

    I agree with Sciencegirl. Those dresses look fine on those stylized drawings, but the real Michelle has a very large rear end.  

  15. # Blogger Traveling Mom

    I am sure Madam Obama will be wearing an American designer for the inauguration. The Lacroix jacket is very nice, but it is going to be COLD in January! Better make the coat a long one.  

Post a Comment

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    I am Cedric, discoverer of things that would go unnoticed in the streets of Paris, historic haven of fashionistas and city of lights ('lights' as in 'enlightenment', not street lights).
    But seriously: I'm an expat from Luxembourg (the country, not the garden), living in the center of Paris (hence 'Paris 2nd arrondissement'), and currenlty studying architectural history...


    benettic3@gmail.com

Be-Facebook me!
Visit my architecture soap opera Beautiful Buildings Club.
Visit my foreign correspondents Snobby Foreign Correspondents.

Archives

Paris2e Guides

  • HIP - Paris.

    places to go and weird stories to know about the city of lights... Improve your brain's useless knowledge parts, impress your neighbors, raise the roof, and anoy your friends with these funny facts and places



  • FOODBUCKS - Paris.

    The not yet complete map of all the places I have had the joy (or disgust) to get food.



  • ART - Paris.

    Museums, galleries, hot spots, places of interest. And don't forget vernissage nights!

Main Departments





PARIS 2e: Mindboggling since 2006 * All rights reserved * Copyright Cedric Benetti 2010